extracting semantics Re: Namespace

Le 18 juil. 2007 à 02:57, Robert Burns a écrit :
> Earlier I gave the example of changing the semantics  of <small>
> from meaning "presentationally small text" to meaning "legal
> descriptions and other disadvantages" With that, "the likelihood
> that it will be interpreted and presented as intended by an
> implementation" falls dramatically.

Indeed a semantics extractor looking at the version of HTML

* HTML 4.01
   SMALL: Renders text in a "small" font.
* HTML 5.01
   The small element represents small print (part of a document often
describing legal restrictions, such as copyrights or other
disadvantages), or other side comments.

Then I'm an implementer of a semantics extractor. What are my
implementation strategies?

For HTML 4.01, two choices:
	* ignore it, it has no meaningful semantics.
	* extract it, with a message [small text without particular
meaning:  tough]
For HTML 5.01
	* [small print or side comments:  tough]

Both definitions create issues. That would be interesting to test/
review all definitions of the specification with having to
	1) author the information
	2) extract the information

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***