boolean attributes case-sensitivity (detailed review of Semantics)

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:03:30 +0200
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

(This is part of my detailed review of the Semantics and structure of HTML
documents section.)

The spec says about boolean attributes:

    If the attribute is present, its value must either be the empty string
    or the attribute's canonical name, exactly, with no leading or trailing
    whitespace, and in lowercase.

The value was case-insensitive in HTML4. Additionally, keywords in
enumerated attributes in HTML5 may use any mix of lower-case and uppercase
letters. I don't see a good reason why boolean attributes should be
different.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software