Re: 3.11 Lists Review Comments (ol/@start, li/@value)

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 23:06:15 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

2007/7/17, Dan Connolly:

> I'll also contribute just a little bit of research...
> a google search for "HTML reference" yields
> http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/ , and
> in there we read...
>
> "The deprecated START attribute suggests the starting number for the
> list and defaults to 1. ... While this attribute is deprecated, there is
> currently no substitute for it in Cascading Style Sheets."
>  -- http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40/lists/ol.html

This is wrong:
"'counter-reset'
    Value:  	[ <identifier> <integer>? ]+ | none | inherit
[...]
The 'counter-reset' property also contains a list of one or more names
of counters, each one optionally followed by an integer. The integer
gives the value that the counter is set to on each occurrence of the
element. The default is 0."
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/generate.html#counters

...though I don't now how well this is implemented in browsers (seems
like IE, even IE7, doesn't implement it; or is it just its lack of
::before support?).

--
Thomas Broyer