Re: stopping discussions on serializations and contributing constructively

From: Maurice Carey <maurice@thymeonline.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 09:39:50 -0400
To: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>
On 7/11/07 11:12 PM, "Jon Barnett" <jonbarnett@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would still like to see, as promised, examples of valid unquoted attributes
> that are handled incorrectly in IE and/or Firefox, because that may be
> important to the specification itself and to creating useful test cases for
> the specification.

Sorry everyone. I was mistaken.

Turns out the last 3 times this happened were because
1)<form action=˛xyz.php> and our editors color coding didnšt pick this up
and so it was overlooked time and again. Firefox compensated for it and IE
didnšt but this mustn't count as a strike against IE since this is quite
broken.

2) <input type=text˛> on a page that validated on the w3c validator somehow
so it went overlooked

3) A page with vast mix of quoted and unquoted attributes and a mess of
nested tables.

Sorry for my confusion :( I should have revisited these and double checked
the cause of the problems long ago and long before opening my mouth.

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas