Re: HTML Extensibility Through Script

From: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:03:26 +1000
To: "Jon Barnett" <jonbarnett@gmail.com>
Cc: "Doug Schepers" <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>, public-html@w3.org

On 7/11/07, Jon Barnett <jonbarnett@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a use case that isn't covered by DOMImplementation.hasFeature ()?
>
>  For example, is there a UA that would render MathML, and support scripting,
> but not respond correctly to .hasFeature("org.w3c.dom.mathml", null); ?

I would like to know what can be used to detect native support for the
new input@type values (e.g. date) so javascript can be used to do
something useful in legacy UAs based on those types but browsers that
implement their own widgets are left peacefully alone.

I don't know if this is possible with DOMImplementation.hasFeature()
or not (but I'd like it to be - a good standards based approach).