Re: handling fallback content for still images

On Jul 8, 2007, at 6:35 PM, scott lewis wrote:

> On 8 Jul 2007, at 1523, Thomas Broyer wrote:

>> I wasn't.

>>> with.
>>> include
>>> problems
>>> so. For
>>>
>>> How would the CSS break? CSS rules are applied against the DOM and
>>> the <tbody> will always be represented in the DOM. (If the element
>>> is
>>> not present in a serialized document it is inserted into the DOM by
>>> the UA.)
>>
>> No it won't, in the case of application/xhtml+xml.
>
> Some UAs do even today. In quick testing, serving an XHTML1 Strict
> document[1] with an application/xhtml+xml doctype resulted in:
> - Safari 3 beta inserting the <tbody>

We fixed this in current WebKit sources and will not insert a <tbody>.
However, the table will still render as expected because per CSS we
will create an anonymous table body on the rendering side only, no
element. So some future release will match the Opera 9.21 behavior,
which I believe is correct.

> - Opera 9.21 not inserting the <tbody>
> - Firefox 2.0.0.4 and 1.5.0.9 refusing to render the document
> - IE 7.0.5730.11 rendering the document as if the <tbody> were
> inserted (I didn't check the DOM for it's presence)

I suspect testing error here, since IE would refuse to render
application/xhtml+xml.

Regards,
Maciej