Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

On Jul 7, 2007, at 7:52 AM, Michael A. Puls II wrote:

> On 7/6/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:06:34 +0200, Michael A. Puls II
>> <shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > It's one of those things where there might not be a really good
>> reason
>> > to do it, but you should do it anyway.
>>
>> Anyone who has comments on the source code of the html4-differences
>> or
>> html5 specification should talk to Bert Bos from the W3C about
>> changing
>> the CSS Module generator script that generates the final source
>> code for
>> this and many other specifications.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I hope it was understood that I wasn't saying the markup was bad.  I
> was just saying that it will be perceived that way (in general) by
> those using XHTML markup.  We would probably get better acceptance if
> we cater to that group a little at first and let them warm up to the
> HTML way again.
>
> I'll have to keep track of comments on sites so I can cite examples in
> the future.

Can we please stop micromanaging the markup syntax of the document? I
agree that we want it to be good style, just as we want proper
spelling and grammar. But given the early stage we're at, how about
focusing on the substantive content of our publications for now? We
can clean up the markup when there is really nothing else left to do,
as a final proofreading pass.

Regards,
Maciej