Re: [W3C docs] We should teach by example.

From: Michael A. Puls II <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 10:52:03 -0400
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 7/6/07, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 21:06:34 +0200, Michael A. Puls II
> <shadow2531@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's one of those things where there might not be a really good reason
> > to do it, but you should do it anyway.
>
> Anyone who has comments on the source code of the html4-differences or
> html5 specification should talk to Bert Bos from the W3C about changing
> the CSS Module generator script that generates the final source code for
> this and many other specifications.

Thanks.

I hope it was understood that I wasn't saying the markup was bad.  I
was just saying that it will be perceived that way (in general) by
those using XHTML markup.  We would probably get better acceptance if
we cater to that group a little at first and let them warm up to the
HTML way again.

I'll have to keep track of comments on sites so I can cite examples in
the future.

--
Michael