Re: Accesskey - spec proposal

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 01:45:37 +0900
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, 2007-07-03 19:29 -0700:

> accesskey may currently be workable for device-specific content on a single
> class of devices.

I don't think that's an accurate assessment (for one thing,
there's the implementation in Konqueror), though I think it
probably is true that the case of browsing on devices that only
have keypads and 5-ways is the most important use case for
accesskey to address -- because it's a current real-world
application of that markup which is helping to solve a significant
problem. But that is not a case of device-specific content -- it's
a case of sites providing markup that helps to make navigation
more practical in that context, and to the millions of users
browsing in that context.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith