Re: DI element [Re: html 5 and accessibility issue]

From: Andrew Ramsden <andrew@irama.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 08:08:19 +1000
To: aurelien levy <aurelien.levy@free.fr>
CC: public-html@w3.org

aurelien levy wrote:
 > and why not just implement a mix of for and headers attribut on dd
 > for something like:
 > <dl>
 > <dt id="term1">term 1</dt>
 > <dt id="term2">term 2</dt>
 > <dd for="term1 term 2">description<dd>
 > </dl>

That's very creative! I hadn't thought of that. I think that could be a
usable solution that would be backwards compatible with current UAs.

My only concern would then be the extreme edge cases it could expose and
how they would be handled/rendered, For example:

<dl>
<dt id="term1">term 1</dt>
<dt id="term2">term 2</dt>
<dd for="term 2">description 2<dd>