Re: Neutrality in "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4"

On Jul 3, 2007, at 12:05, Robert Burns wrote:

> On Jul 3, 2007, at 3:58 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 10:51:48 +0200, Robert Burns
>> <rob@robburns.com> wrote:

>>> People outside the WG can read about the differences here:
>>>
>>> <http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Differences_from_HTML4>
>>
>> Correct, they could. However, it seems that when the W3C does
>> something it gets much wider exposure. For instance, the above
>> wiki page appeared on maybe a single blog while the editor draft I
>> wrote appeared on hundreds. Having more exposure is very important
>> I think.
>
> Except premature exposure can be a very bad thing. We're not ready
> yet.

If you are concerned about public perception, why would you prefer
the appearance that in order to find out what is going on, people
should go see the WHATWG stuff instead of the W3C stuff?

(Moreover, earlier it seemed that even participants to this WG didn't
find the cited WHATWG wiki page sufficient to inform themselves.)

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi