Re: Wiki page for style attribute

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 18:23:00 +0200
To: "Rene Saarsoo" <nene@triin.net>, public-html@w3.org

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 15:51:32 +0200, Rene Saarsoo <nene@triin.net> wrote:
> I looked through all the e-mails on topic and tried to document
> all the reported use-cases.
>
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/StyleAttribute

Regarding the arguments on that page:

1. I think debugging is an important usecase. Your debugging tool might
display an error for incorrect and that would prevent you from using the
style= attribute.

2. Syndication is also addressed by <style scope>.

3. It's unclear to me why <font> and WYSIWYG editors are dragged into
this. In particular, I'm not convinced that <span style=color:red> is
better than <font color=red> especially since the latter is way easier to
parse.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>