Re: LONGDESC: some current problems and a proposed solution added to the wiki

From: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:50:31 +0100
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: Roger Johansson <roger@456bereastreet.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Anne van Kesteren wrote:

> How realstic is it to expect people to provide alternate content for
> their Flash content?

If we don't give the hooks so to do, totally unreasonable.

If we give them the hooks, perfectly reasonable.

If we give them the hooks, and they lose sales or
end up in court because they don't use them,
not only "reasonable" but the probability
that they will provide alternate content for
their Flash content is extremely high.

I rest my case.

Philip Taylor