Re: LONGDESC: some current problems and a proposed solution added to the wiki

From: Peter Krantz <peter.krantz@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 09:35:30 +0200
To: "Lachlan Hunt" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

On 7/1/07, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:

> I know it's based on the UK
> flag longdesc example that was provided earlier, but that was a poor
> example because in the context that the flag was used, describing it's
> history and other additional information was completely out of context.

Ok, I was assuming that readers of this thread could imagine some
other scenario. Let's change the example to make it more realistic:

<picture src="http://homepage.floodcity.net/users/mastdog/ezrachurch.jpg">
city of Atlanta.</p>
set up.</p>
  <ul>
  </ul>
</picture>

In my opinion this counts as reasonable fallback content for the
linked picture. And, it isn't unreasonable to assume that this content
would be valuable for all visitors to the page as would be the case
for many other images that desribe more complex scenarios than a flag.

So, maybe we are discussion separate issues here as Robrt Burns said?

Regards,

Peter