Re: LONGDESC: some current problems and a proposed solution added to the wiki

At 23:21 +0200 UTC, on 2007-06-30, Peter Krantz wrote:

[...]

> <picture src="ukflag.gif">
>    <ul>
>       <li>hackety hack</li>
>    </ul>
> </picture>
>
> If I want to display the fallback content and the picture at the same
> time

Then the content isn't fallback content and shouldn't be marked up as such.
The <picture> will then need other, *true fallback* content. Or the picture
may be purely decorative and thus ought to have no fallback content.

Btw, this made me realise that there seems to be a downside to <picture>: how
could authors indicate that <picture
src="meaninglessdecoration.gif"></picture> has no fallback content *on
purpose*?

--
Sander Tekelenburg