Re: Posting to this list

From: Thomas Pike <thomasp@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:27:08 +0200
To: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
CC: public-html@w3.org

Doug Schepers wrote:
>> This would be easily solved by adding public-html@w3.org in the
>> Reply-To field. Then people could hit Reply instead of Reply-All.
>>
>> Can someone arrange this?
>
> This is a pernicious problem across W3C lists... maybe this could be
> changed for all of them?

There are various arguments given against the so-called "Reply-to
munging" that you are suggesting, eg. see
http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html for one example.

Not that I actually agree with these arguments myself, but it may be why
the W3C has kept things as they currently are.

--
Thomas Pike, QA Engineer, Opera Software