Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?

This might be just me, but considering we're meant to be leading the
forefront of internet technologies, everything seems rather dated.

IRC and an old school mailing list? We must be able to find a better way to
put together something as major as we're working on!

It's too hard to organize ideas for everyone to look at them, we need a
forum, a more up-to-date mailing list, an online chat service, online
brainstorming, an ideas board, work in progress etc etc ...

We can't do all that over IRC & a mailing list.
How many new users do we reckon still use IRC?

Lets update ourselves a little surely.

I'm quite happy to go about setting all that up with someone, but I just
feel we seem really old fashioned at the moment

Ideas / comments / suggestions / design / hosting offers welcome ?

Chair's comments especially for where we stand regarding W3C rules & regs.

- Gavin