Re: Leading the Forefront - with IRC ! ?

Gavin Pearce wrote:
> IRC and an old school mailing list? We must be able to find a better way to
> put together something as major as we're working on!

The mailing list and IRC channel have worked extremely well for
developing HTML5 and many other specs.

http://forums.whatwg.org/

> a more up-to-date mailing list,

What's the difference between this one and "a more up-to-date" one?

>  an online chat service,

We have one.  It's called IRC!  What makes any other online chat service
better than IRC?

http://wiki.whatwg.org/
http://blog.whatwg.org/

> We can't do all that over IRC & a mailing list.

Why not?

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/