Re: Shouln't the root element of XHTML 2 be...xhtml?

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 23:06:27 +0100
To: Andrés <adelfino@gmail.com>, public-html@w3.org

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 19:30:55 +0100, Andrés <adelfino@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why the new version still refers to HTML, since it
> is backwards incompatible. Is there any reason for this?
>
> IMHO, a xhtml root element is more appropriate.

This is not the appropriate list for XHTML2. I think you want
www-html-editor@w3.org. (Although given all the new WGs that might have
shifted as well.)

This group will work on a backwards compatible version of HTML (including
its XML serialization, called XHTML).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>