Re: DogFood (and inline/block constraints)

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:38:47 +0900
Cc: Wesley_Upchurch/Semcoinc%SEMCOINC@semcoinc.com, public-html@w3.org
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>

Le 18 déc. 2007 à 03:10, David Carlisle a écrit :
>> I think the biggest difference is that  <blockquote> is an element
>> meant
>> to contain quotations that are themselves block level while <q> isn't
>> meant to contain block level elements.
>
> no one would disagree with that.

The issue is exactly about the awkward inline/block definition
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2006JulSep/0077

which leads to create double elements

* code/blockcode
* q/blockquote

If we didn't have the content compatibility constraints, I would
remove the nature of block/inline to elements like address, cite, q,
code, etc. Unfortunately…

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/