W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > December 2007

{minutes} HTML WG teleconference 2007-11-29

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:14:48 +0900
To: public-html@w3.org
Message-ID: <20071211091447.GF8829@sideshowbarker>
[realized today that I had neglected to send these previously;
sending now so that they get picked up by trackbot]

http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html

Agenda
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0405.html

Present
      ChrisWilson DanC Gregory_Rosmaita Julian Justin Lachy
      MikeSmith anne Shawn Simon

Chair
      ChrisWilson

Scribe
      MikeSmith

* Topics
   1. Open Action Items
   2. Issue 4, Video Codecs
   3. ACTION 5, task force for developer community outreach
      (on Karl)
   4. canvas survey questions
   5. Other current issues being discussion on public-html in
      discussing any of the other open issues that have seen
      recent discussion?

* Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Open Action Items

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

   <Gregory> GJR: notes that PF has invited simon pieters to join to
   expedite the process

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/8

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/8

   "Discuss with PFWG role attribute vs aria attribute", on Michael
   Cooper

   <DanC> I updated actions/8

   keeping Action 8 open pending more talk with Michael Cooper

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/13

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/13

   "Talk to WebAPI and WAF WGs about their role in offline API stuff
   and how they work with and contribute to the discussion", on chaals

   <Gregory> last PF WG meeting (MC's action discussed) - member
   confidential archive:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/26-pf-minutes.html

      http://www.w3.org/2007/11/26-pf-minutes.html

   ChrisW will bring up Action 13 with HCG

   <DanC> updated actions/13 reassigned to ChrisW, due 13 Dec

   ChrisWilson: what prompted this action?

   DanC: yeah, Saturday f2f discussion about offline Web apps

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/23

   "coordinate comparative tests using competing ARIA proposals"

   Gregory - ran into problem with chair of PF group ...

   scribe: they think it's an "undue burden"
   ... there's a push to get it resolved ...
   ... tomorrow morning there is a meeting with zcorpan (Simon Pieters)
   to discuss adoption of his ARIA proposal ...

   <DanC> (meeting tomorrow? a pointer to mail from whoever is running
   that meeting would be handy)

   <DanC> (er... are we talking about aria-role in substance here or
   just updating the action status?)

   Gregory: OK to [declare] a role without declaring a namespace (they
   agreed to this compromise)
   ... have been working with XHTML2 people ...

   <zcorpan> DanC,
   http://www.w3.org/mid/p06110409c3749ffc266b@%5B192.168.1.102%5D

      http://www.w3.org/mid/p06110409c3749ffc266b@%5B192.168.1.102%5D

   Gregory: now need to broker with developers ...
   ... I can report back about this [after the meeting tomorrow]

   <DanC> (which we agreed?)

   ChrisWilson: DanC you noted that you wanted examples

   DanC: yep

   <DanC> (I got the pointers I needed.)

   <DanC> (3 meetings GR just mentioned... pointers please)

   <Gregory> friday 30 november 2007 - meeting with simon pieters
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2007OctDec/0257.h
   tml

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2007OctDec/0257.html

   <DanC> I marked ACTION-23 withdrawn

   <scribe> ACTION: Gregory to report back after 11-30 meeting on ARIA
   syntax [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-30 - Report back after 11-30 meeting on
   ARIA syntax [on Gregory Rosmaita - due 2007-12-06].

   DanC: W3C process requires 7-day notice for meetings

   Gregory: this is an attempt to work with the vendors who are
   supportive of ARIA

   [discussion of getting "PF ducks in a row" and "mutual reality
   check"

   <Zakim> DanC, you wanted to note regrets for next week 6 Dec

   DanC notes he won't be here next week; ChrisWilson will chair again

   <DanC> next meeting: 6 Dec, Chris W to chair

   [moving on to discussion of Pending Review AIs]

Issue 4, Video Codecs

   <DanC> [homework] summary of the video (and audio) codec
   discussion

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0153.html

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

   ChrisWilson: this seems complete[d]

   DanC will be at the Video Workshop

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0153.htm
   l

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Nov/0153.html

   above is posting from Dave Singer

   <DanC> ACTION: Dan see that Singer's summary makes it to the SJC/Dec
   W3C video workshop, possibly by confirming Singer's attendance
   [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-31 - See that Singer's summary makes it
   to the SJC/Dec W3C video workshop, possibly by confirming Singer's
   attendance [on Dan Connolly - due 2007-12-06].

ACTION 5, task force for developer community outreach (on Karl)

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/5

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/5

   <Shawn> fyi: Dave Singer's email was tacked on to the issue for
   video-codecs: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7

   <Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to comment on Karl's proposal

   <DanC> ok by me, action done... now what next... a note and a wiki
   topic look OK to me

   Lachy - I'm trying to incorporate Karl's proposal into my draft ...

   scribe: as well as stuff from Roger

   <DanC> ok: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/products/5 Product
   HTML 5 authoring guidelines

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/products/5

   <DanC> yeah, not a good name. Mike to fix

   <DanC> (did lachy take an action)

   <scribe> ACTION: MikeSmith to change the product name of "HTML 5
   authoring guidelines" in the tracker to something else, eventually
   [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - MikeSmith

   <scribe> ACTION: Michael(tm) to change the product name of "HTML 5
   authoring guidelines" in the tracker to something else, eventually
   [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-32 - Change the product name of \"HTML
   5 authoring guidelines\" in the tracker to something else,
   eventually [on Michael(tm) Smith - due 2007-12-06].

   <Lachy> DanC, what action would you like me to take?

canvas survey questions

   <DanC> good question. maybe none, for now

   <Lachy> ok

   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/req-gapi-canvas/

      http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/req-gapi-canvas/

   <DanC> . ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide for publication
   as a Note

   <DanC> yup, regular web pages or blogs are fine by me

   Justin: [suggestion about considering blog items]

   DanC - I consider the series-of-blog items to be a fairly
   comfortable way of publishing this kind of information.

   <DanC> ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide for publication as
   a Note [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action05]

   <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - Lachy

   <DanC> ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide, maybe as a Note,
   maybe other [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action06]

   <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - Lachy

   <DanC> (

   <DanC> (Lachy, can I add you to the issue tracking task force? i.e.
   will you be in touch with the chairs regularly?)

   Lachy: we want to be able to update the info after we publish it

   <anne> That's possible with a Note

   <ChrisWilson> (i.e. the content will change as the HTML5 spec
   changes)

   <DanC> (I presume so...)

   <anne> You just publish another Note

   <ChrisWilson> sure

   Lachy: blogs are good for describing current state of things but not
   for things that need to be updated

   <DanC> ACTION: ChrisWilson to investigate an HTML WG blog, a la the
   way the I18N WG does it [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action07]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-33 - Investigate an HTML WG blog, a la
   the way the I18N WG does it [on Chris Wilson - due 2007-12-06].

   <DanC> due jan

Other current issues being discussion on public-html in discussing any
of the other open issues that have seen recent discussion?

   <ChrisWilson> (or haven't seen recent discussion?)

   DanC - you can assign that issue to Lachlan now

   <Gregory> GJR: would like a continuation on
   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/24 - I've noted in the
   tracker the steps taken so far, and am in the process of finalizing
   a tweaked stylesheet for review

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/24

   [discussion of nonconformance of the style attribute in HTML5]

   ChrisWilson: how are we tracking follow-up and resolution on these
   issues?

   DanC: there is a new testing task force?

   <Lachy>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/

   <Lachy>
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2007No
   v/0001.html

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2007Nov/0001.html

   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/26

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/26

   <Zakim> DanC, you wanted to note another idea: an edited series of
   blog articles

   above is about testsuite stuff

   <Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to talk about testsuite stuff

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-issue-trackin
   g/2007Nov/0006.html

      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-issue-tracking/2007Nov/0006.html

   <DanC> ah... test suite product is already there...
   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/products/4

      http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/products/4

   <ChrisWilson> Tracker watching public-html; the
   public-issue-tracking is for discussing how we do issue tracking.

   <ChrisWilson> Above was DanC

   <Shawn> Lachy: it was primarily for discussion of issues with the
   Tracker software... and yes... what ChrisWilson said.

   <Lachy> ok, so it's not something I need to subscribe to (I'm on too
   many lists already :-))

   <ChrisWilson> I believe that is true, yes.

   <ChrisWilson> I don't think I'm subscribed.

   <Shawn> We just didn't want to clutter public-html with noise on
   backoffice issues

   <Julian> No, I didn't.

   [discussion about mailing lists and interaction with tracker:

   <ChrisWilson> Any other issues?

   <ChrisWilson> Motion to adjourn?

   [no objections to adjourning heard]

   <ChrisWilson> ADJOURN

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: ChrisWilson to investigate an HTML WG blog, a la the
   way the I18N WG does it [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dan see that Singer's summary makes it to the SJC/Dec
   W3C video workshop, possibly by confirming Singer's attendance
   [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Gregory to report back after 11-30 meeting on ARIA
   syntax [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide for publication as a
   Note [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Lachy prepare web developer guide, maybe as a Note,
   maybe other [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Michael(tm) to change the product name of "HTML 5
   authoring guidelines" in the tracker to sometthing else, eventually
   [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: MikeSmith to change the product name of "HTML 5
   authoring guidelines" in the tracker to sometthing else, eventually
   [recorded in
   http://www.w3.org/2007/11/29-html-wg-minutes.html#action03]


Received on Tuesday, 11 December 2007 09:15:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:38:51 UTC