Re: validator being a reference Re: DogFood, take 2

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:38:12 +0200
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>

On Dec 7, 2007, at 03:47, Karl Dubost wrote:

> http://validator.nu/
> Maybe the Validator should carry a message under the gamma to say
> that it is highly experimental.

The schemas for HTML5 and XHTML5 have " (prerelease schema)" appended
to their names in that UI facet.

The http://html5.validator.nu/ UI facet says "(X)HTML5 Conformance
Checking Service Technology Preview" where "(X)HTML5" is not even at
FPWD yet and "Technology Preview" means "experimental".

> When things which were validating in the past becomes non valid
> anymore, some people have a tendency to react with… strong angry
> comments :)

If that happens, I will see if further specific warnings are needed.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi