validator being a reference Re: DogFood, take 2

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 10:47:02 +0900
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>

Le 7 déc. 2007 à 05:10, Sam Ruby a écrit :
> I succeeded in modifying my html5 template in a way that *almost*
> appeases the html5.validator.nu conformance checker.

This is a common statement we often see on the www-validator mailing-
list as well. People usually don't go to specs (or do not understand
them) and look at the results of the ZLORB validator. (Replace ZLORB
by the language of choice.) It has an interesting side effect is that
some people tend to think that the validator is the law.

http://validator.nu/
Maybe the Validator should carry a message under the gamma to say that
it is highly experimental. When things which were validating in the
past becomes non valid anymore, some people have a tendency to react
with… strong angry comments :)

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/