Re: Downloading of images by UA

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 15:37:05 -0700
To: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

It also doesn't cover things like the UA already having too many
connections to the server already and has to wait until other downloads
finish. I'd suggest wording like:

"When the src attribute is set the a graphical UA should begin download
as soon as possible. This is to allow the author to pre-cache images to
be later used in animations or for other dynamic changes."

The 'should' instead of 'must' allows for things like user preferences
overriding the behavior.

/ Jonas