Re: review of content type rules by IETF/HTTP community

From: Magnus Kristiansen <magnusrk+w3c@pvv.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:33:23 +0200
To: "Patrick Garies" <pgaries@fastmail.us>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 15:17:49 +0200, Patrick Garies <pgaries@fastmail.us>
wrote:

> Magnus Kristiansen wrote:
>> Other types like .ico, .avi, .wav and flash's .swf are also
>> unregistered, but have somehow found their way into the mime.types file
>> regardless.
> I don’t know about the others, but *.ico is registered as
> image/vnd.microsoft.icon. [1]
>
> [1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/vnd.microsoft.icon

My mistake there. I only looked for registered types similar to one the
ones being used (image/x-icon in this case), should've been more thorough.
I wonder why they're using a non-registered type when there's a registered
one available, though.

--
Magnus Kristiansen
"Don't worry; the Universe IS out to get you."