Re: [whatwg] Answering the question... (timing of table headers issue)

From: Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 01:30:58 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com>
Cc: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, John Foliot <foliot@wats.ca>

2007-08-24 21:11:36 +0200 Maciej Stachowiak:

> Can we end this silliness now? You have spent more time complaining  about
> people expressing their opinions in outside forums than in  actually
> providing research or close review that would help improve  the spec. I have
> tried to give you the benefit of the doubt but it is  starting to seem like
> your only goal here is to create conflict.

«Free speech» does not mean «Freedom to speak on behalf». The latter is a «right» one naturally should have the sense to «sacrifice» in a consensus driven work group.

Our design principles draft opens: «These design principles are an attempt to capture consensus on design approach ...». And at the end of the survey, we're asked «Are you OK to delegate some edits?».

I hope that the chairs, when you evaluate the survey, will select DP editors that are perceived as able and willing to capture consensus, from and one behalf of, the whole group.
--
leif halvard silli