Re: Heuristic Tests for Data Tables (Discussion)

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:49:39 +0100
To: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
Cc: Philip Taylor <philip@zaynar.demon.co.uk>, HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>

Ben 'Cerbera' Millard wrote:
> I wonder how many tables can be made natively accessible? How many will
> need to be retrofitted by authors with <th> or scope="" or headers=""
> and how likely is that? I guess more studying (like Philip and I and
> others have done) and prototyping of implementations (like James Graham
> might do)

There's some very early work on this available at [1] (only the HTML4
algorithms are currently implemented). Due to a bug in a html5lib
serializer badness occurs when you give it a page containing more than
one table. I also haven't checked that it's giving the correct results
in almost any cases. However if you want to report bugs feel free.

[1] http://wordsandpictures.dyndns.org/table_inspector.html

--
"Mixed up signals
Bullet train