Re: Offline Web Apps

Ian Hickson wrote:
<snip>
> USER INTERACTION SCENARIOS
>
> It seems like we are talking about the following kinds of scenarios:
>
> 1. User goes to a page, then, without closing the page, goes offline
>    and uses it, then goes back online and continues to use it. The
>    page and its subresources are always at their most
>    up-to-date. Interactions with the page while offline are synced to
>    the server when going online.
>
> 2. User goes to a page, then closes the browser. User restarts the
>    browser while offline, and goes to the page. User restarts the
>    browser again while online, and goes to the page. The page and its
>    subresources are always at their most up-to-date. Interactions with
>    the page while offline are synced to the server when going online.
>
> 3. Same as 1 or 2, except that the user is not online for long enough
>    to fully download the updated resources. The application doesn't stop
>    working, it is still usable the second time the user is offline.

<snip>
and maybe...

*Backup/Download of presentation slides, to USB Drive or CDROM, as a fallback
incase there is problem with Internet Access (note the challenge here is for the
slides to work across desktop platforms).

*Completely offline multimedia CDROMs/DVDROMS incorporating Video eg
<http://www.ramin.com.au/linux/greeting-cd.html>

Marghanita
--
Marghanita da Cruz