Re: [HDP] Secure by design

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:56:30 +0100
To: Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Cc: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, public-html <public-html@w3.org>

> The security that the Secure By Design principle is referring to is
about protecting the user and their system from hostile content
>producers.  For example, preventing cross-domain scripting attacks,
restricting access to a users file system, etc.

As Rob says, that then needs to made clear. I didn't glean this at all
from the current wording of the principle. Having said that, at a higher
layer, in terms of user interface security, my comments are still relevant.

Josh