Requirements for research (Was: Dropping <input usemap="">)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Robert Burns wrote:

> If we can get financial backing for real scientific studies (statistical
> or otherwise) of these things, I'd be all for that. I don't know whose
> going to come up with the kind of money that would be involved, but it
> might be a useful evidence gathering exercise.

It would be helpful to find out what exactly you would consider "real".
Google has in fact been funding a series of studies to support this work
for several years now, and if I could somehow change our methodology or
report some information that would change our studies from whatever they
are now to "real" studies, I would be interested in doing that. It might
not be possible, as some aspects of our studies' methodology involve our
proprietary technologies, but I would certainly be interested in seeing if
it was possible.

Cheers,