Re: Heuristic Tests for Data Tables (Discussion)

From: James Graham <jg307@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:43:03 +0100
To: Ben 'Cerbera' Millard <cerbera@projectcerbera.com>
CC: HTMLWG <public-html@w3.org>

Ben 'Cerbera' Millard wrote:
[stuff about tables]
> Ideas and research are welcome. :-)

FWIW I have begun implementing the tables section of the HTML5 spec with the
eventual aim of producing a simple webtool that will take a page, extract the
tables, and provide some means of visualizing the cell-headers relationships
determined by a variety of algorithms. The eventual goal is to enable rapid
prototyping of new algorithms for matching cells and headers so their
effectiveness on real-world content can be evaluated.

No promises of a time frame as I have quite a lot of other things going on at
the moment...