Re: 9. WYSIWYG editor (enforcing the signature) detailed review of

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:35:37 +0200
To: "Robert Burns" <rob@robburns.com>, "Mihai Sucan" <mihai.sucan@gmail.com>
Cc: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:28:09 +0200, Robert Burns <rob@robburns.com> wrote:
> If anyone can state the use-case / problem statement on this editor
> signature, that would be very helpful.

As stated in the draft, it's to allow validators to not mark <font>
elements as being non-conforming. I don't believe many people are
convinced this section of the draft is a particularly good solution to the
"WYSIWYG problem" though. There have been some suggestions on the WHATWG
list by Henri Sivonen iirc on how to improve this.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>