3.8.5. The blockquote element

From: Ben Boyle <benjamins.boyle@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:56:38 +1000
To: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>

http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#blockquote

Content model:
    Zero or more block-level elements.

Is there not a strong cowpath to allow inline content?

I have no evidence of such (and don't care to look for it) but it's
popped up as a validation "gotcha" quite commonly in my experience.
(Speaking of which, I don't suppose the HTML validator can give us any
statistics on documents people have validated?)