Re: Maturity of XML

On Aug 1, 2007, at 15:15, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> Well, if this is true why then we even define XML serialization of
> HTML5?

When I asked that question, the answer was that if the spec doesn't
say how to do HTML5 in XML, people will do so ad hoc (which is worse
than having one de jure way).

> Please remove this sentence or change its meaning to stress that there
> might be problems with some user-agents and XML, but no XML is not
> less
> mature then HTML (disregarding whether HTML is SGML based one or HTML5
> based one).

It is true, though, that in browsers the XML code path is less mature
than the HTML code path. See for example:
http://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/blog/archives/001369.html

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi