Re: HTML/XML TF report introductory text

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 23:34:50 +0200
To: rleif@rleif.com
CC: 'Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis' <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>, 'Noah Mendelsohn' <nrm@arcanedomain.com>, 'Henri Sivonen' <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-html-xml@w3.org
On 18.10.2011 23:10, Robert Leif wrote:

> I believe the simplest and most powerful approach is to use the
> browser with any HTML5-XML combined application. This means that the
> xml web page need only be validated with xml tools. As I have
> previously stated, any changes to HTML5 should be limited to XHTML5.
> This should avoid or at least minimize the effect of any changes to
> produce a functional XHTML5 that interoperates with XML. As I have
> previously stated, there are two levels of interoperability. The
> first is the XHTML5 and XML elements ignore each other. This
> functionality already exist in xsd1.1 <xs:openContent
> mode="interleave"> <xs:any
> namespace="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/html-5"
> processContents="strict"/> </xs:openContent>
>
> Could the equivalent of this be included in XHTML5?

Probably I'm missing something, but in XHTML5 you can freely use
additional elements/attributes which are not from
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace. So I don't know what problem you
see there.

If you are interested in schemas for such compound documents, you can
build your own schema based on some unofficial HTML5 schemas.

					Jirka