Re: HTML/XML TF report introductory text

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:49:56 +0300
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Noah Mendelsohn <noah@arcanedomain.com> wrote:
> Nonetheless, there are a number of potential benefits that might result if
> XML and HTML were more compatible and interoperable.  These include:

I think this list of specific concerns looks rather odd in the middle
of the intro. I'd rather not include this list in the intro and
instead say something generic about reusing HTML content in XML
content or with XML tooling or vice versa.

> The same XML markup, e.g. for content management or for vector graphics
> (SVG), might be usable in HTML as well as other XML container documents.
> Such shared markup might be supported by common code and tooling, and
> copy/paste scenarios might be supported.

We already have this for SVG.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi