Re: The interpretation of script

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:49:23 +0000
To: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
CC: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public-html-xml@w3.org

> I'm not familiar with the specification, but my first instinct would be to see if document.createElementNS(MUSICXML_NS, "whatever-the-root-element-is") returns MusicXMLFooElement. Then again, I haven't read the spec (I wanted to give it a cursory overview, but it's in a zip so I gave up).

You probably don't need to know any more than you can find in

http://www.recordare.com/musicxml/tutorial/hello-world

It doesn't use namespaces and there are two possible root elements,
depending on whether the music is arranged hierarchically part-by-part
or measure-by-measure.

"The MusicXML 2.0 DTD has no namespace, so for compatibility the
MusicXML 2.0 XSD has no namespace either. Those who need to import the
MusicXML XSD into another schema are advised to create a new version
that uses "http://www.musicxml.org/xsd/MusicXML" as the namespace."

Michael Kay
Saxonica