Re: The interpretation of script

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:55:22 +0100
Cc: public-html-xml@w3.org
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
On Jan 19, 2011, at 14:21 , Henri Sivonen wrote:
> Actually, it is different. If there are no natively supporting UAs when authors start deploying JS shims, you can be pretty sure that when the legacy has accumulated for a couple of years, there are sites that fail to check for native support.

True, that could be an issue.

> If you were to check for native support of MusicXML in application/xhtml+xml today, what would you check?

I'm not familiar with the specification, but my first instinct would be to see if document.createElementNS(MUSICXML_NS, "whatever-the-root-element-is") returns MusicXMLFooElement. Then again, I haven't read the spec (I wanted to give it a cursory overview, but it's in a zip so I gave up).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/