Re: The interpretation of script

From: Kurt Cagle <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 10:04:27 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, public-html-xml@w3.org

> "norun" would cause problems. E.g. <script norun> would run today, but not
tomorrow. And with <script run type=sometype> you have the reverse problem.
I do not really see how this is better than just coming up with a new type
once we are ready to deploy a new scripting language. There are way more
complicated problems to solve when it comes to that anyway. (DOM
integration, what happens with other <script> elements that have JavaScript,
what happens with event handler attributes, etc.)

Anne, this brings up another point that occurred to me as I was working on
an xqib review. Is there any syntax defined in html5 for attribute based
script handlers in languages other than javascript, eg onclick =
"xquery:local:foo($this)" ?  I'm bringing this up in the context of xquery,
but it seems likely this might emerge for any language in the browser, such
as python or php.