Re: The interpretation of script

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:57:46 -0500
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> writes:
> On 01/17/2011 11:48 PM, Norman Walsh wrote:
>> I think the implication is that text/javascript is the only type of
>> script that will ever execute automatically.
> Not really. text/vbscript is also know to execute automatically in a
> browser with substantial market share.

Yes. Random comments about what I apparently know or don't know not
withstanding, I was aware of text/vbscript. Architecturally, I think
I'd like a better answer than "the media type you use may or may not
run, now or tomorrow or next year, depending on which user agent you

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation