Re: The interpretation of script

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:57:46 -0500
To: public-html-xml@w3.org
Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> writes:
> On 01/17/2011 11:48 PM, Norman Walsh wrote:
>> I think the implication is that text/javascript is the only type of
>> script that will ever execute automatically.
>
> Not really. text/vbscript is also know to execute automatically in a
> browser with substantial market share.

Yes. Random comments about what I apparently know or don't know not
withstanding, I was aware of text/vbscript. Architecturally, I think
I'd like a better answer than "the media type you use may or may not
run, now or tomorrow or next year, depending on which user agent you
use."

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--