Re: Suggested revised text for HTML/XML report intro

Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> writes:
> I encourage the task force to review the report and more carefully distinguish those differences
> that are intrinsic to the languages vs. those differences that are attributable to the
> specification styles and the workflows emphasized.

I don't know how to do that. I don't understand what you mean by
"intrinsic to the language" as distinct from what the specification
for the language says.

If you're proposing that it might be possible to write a specification
for a language with angle brackets such that well-formed documents
have the same interpretation as the current XML specification but
not-well-formed documents are interpreted in some new (loose in what's
consumed) way, I don't think anyone has said otherwise.

Several members of the task force have done work in this area.

The report already says that.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--