Re: Suggested revised text for HTML/XML report intro

From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 14:26:53 -0400
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Cc: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "public-html-xml@w3.org" <public-html-xml@w3.org>, Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Noah Mendelsohn scripsit:

> I'm missing something. This seems to say: "We may be looking at two or
> more approaches either of which would be valuable to the community; since
> there's no obvious reason (yet) to pick one over the other, let's not
> advocate either."

I am saying that.  But I am also saying that there is no reason to suppose
that a uniform answer is suitable for all the different XML document formats
present and future.  I am also saying that a uniform answer would promote
specification bloat.

--
My corporate data's a mess!                     John Cowan
It's all semi-structured, no less.              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan