Re: Suggested revised text for HTML/XML report intro

> I don't think this summary is accurate. We have enumerated potential places
> where there could be convergence, but we have not actually investigated
> whether XML5 could work, for instance.

Hmm. First of all, I certainly would be glad to find out that XML5 could
"work", and be widely accepted; it's just the sort of direction I was
hoping the task force would find to be practical. That said, I thought we
had discussed it some, and that the reason we weren't advocating it more
directly was a sense that the XML community would not adopt things along
those lines.

If that conclusion on my part is premature, all the better, but then I have
to ask why the task force isn't continuing to investigate that direction a
bit more thoroughly. Like Larry (or at least if I understand Larry
correctly), I had hopes originally that the task force would uncover
approaches that would bring the technology stacks closer than they are
today. If we think that approaches like XML5 are at least promising, then
it seems that the task force should try and dig deeper, or at least
advocate such investigations as a next step for others to pursue.

If that isn't worth doing, then I think we need some explanatory text
indicating that we had tried and failed to find solutions that would have
resulted in better integration of the stacks.

Thank you.

Noah