W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2013

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-02-07 - CFCs and other business

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:26:01 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <a1aa99ec4fa64ad081610fb6b0255320@BL2PR03MB604.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
Minutes -> http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-wg-minutes.html

                              - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

07 Feb 2013

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JanMar/0011.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Radhika_Roy, Sam, hober, [Microsoft], adrianba, Plh,
          ddorwin, krisk, jaymunro, Eliot, +1.626.379.aaaa,
          Daniel_Austin, Mike

   Regrets
   Chair
          Sam Ruby

   Scribe
          Adrian Bateman

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, February 7
         2. [6]New Issues This Week
         3. [7]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [8]Items Closing This Week
         5. [9]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [10]New Calls this week
         7. [11]New surveys this week
         8. [12]Decisions this week
         9. [13]Other Business
        10. [14]Scribe for next meeting
        11. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 07 February 2013

   <krisk> * krisk dialing in...

   <rubys> not clear to me who (if anybody) volunteered last time
   to scribe

   <rubys> the scribe for last meeting recorded "krisk: I can
   help" (krisk was the scribe)

   <krisk> Yes I can scribe if need be

   i don't mind scribing

   <scribe> ScribeNick: adrianba

ACTION items due by Thursday, February 7

   rubys: none

New Issues This Week

   rubys: none
   ... 3 tracker requests down from 5 last week
   ... still hoping to reduce that number

Items Closed Last Week

   rubys: CfC for the EME spec
   ... certainly got lots of feedback on that
   ... chairs working with W3C Management on that

   plh: yes, we're working on that - weather in Boston might cause
   a delay

Items Closing This Week

   rubys: the new calls this week close - get to that later

Items Closing Next Week

   rubys: none

New Calls this week

   rubys: there are four
   ... CfC on Entity Resolution - close yesterday - yet to post
   conclusion on that
   ... CfC on picture element and on srcset attribute - two
   separate calls - both close tomorrow

   hober: the one objection that was raised was withdrawn

   rubys: for srcset

   hober: yes

   <rubys>
   [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013F
   eb/0106.html

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0106.html

   rubys: CfC for Use Cases for standardizing responsive images
   closes Feb 11
   ... CfC for minimum period of microdata passed

   paulc: [clarifies this is for minimum period - to publish was
   more than 10 days ago]

   rubys: any other questions or comments?

New surveys this week

   rubys: none

Decisions this week

   rubys: the microdata minimum CR period was such a decision

Other Business

   rubys: April F2F

   Daniel_Austin: i'm organising this - lots of groups meeting
   ... WebCrypto, WebAppSec, etc
   ... a number of groups clustered around the HTML-WG meeting
   ... wondering about how much overlap there will be amongst
   attendees

   plh: i don't think there is a lot with WebCrypto and WebAppSec
   with HTML
   ... WebApps WG will meet for 1.5 days because they realised
   they would lose people on Friday afternoon
   ... and 1.5 days would be enough
   ... chairs of WebApps will send their own email

   Daniel_Austin: wanted to mention HTML5 performance activities

   plh: not sure if this is the right forum
   ... if people are interested in what we should do to improve
   performance they should talk to me

   Daniel_Austin: will there be test suites for perf? will this
   group need to do that?

   plh: the task force is just to look at options for what we
   might do - the TF will not solve the problem

   <rubys> [18]http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda has a
   spot for "Potential Topics"

     [18] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda

   rubys: Wiki page for F2F has a spot for topics
   ... good place if people are interested
   ... CfC for FPWD of HTML Templates
   ... this is in the WebApps WG - bringing it to this groups
   attention since it is a HTML Extension spec
   ... if you want to participate it is over in WebApps
   ... Inviting your review of IndieUI events
   ... WAI-ARIA in HTML ready for publication
   ... anybody who is interested can comment - no requirement to
   do so
   ... Steve Faulkner has been appointed as an editor
   ... welcome
   ... the Open Web Platform Summary has started up again
   ... [19]http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/02/openweb-weekly-01.html
   ... any other business?
   ... news on longdesc?

     [19] http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/02/openweb-weekly-01.html

   paulc: the minutes of last week's meeting suggested we would
   expect a WG CfC
   ... been delayed by one week

   rubys: anything else?

Scribe for next meeting

   rubys: any volunteers?
   ... mjs will probably chair

   <paulc> Strong possibility for regrets next week from Paul (on
   vacation)

   rubys: none heard

Adjournment

   rubys: adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net] 
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:24 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2013-02-07 - CFCs and other business

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2013-02-07 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/2bwr

Tokyo 02:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Sam Ruby
Scribe: TBD

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, February 7

    None

2. New Issues This Week:

    None

There are 3 tracker requests
http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest

3. Items Closed Last Week

a) CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First
    Public Working Draft (FPWD), Closed Jan 30
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0102.html

4. Items Closing This Week

    None

5. Items Closing Next Week

    None

6. New Calls this week

a) CfC: publish Public Identifiers for Entity Resolution in XHTML
    specification as a FPWD, closes Feb 6
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0213.html

b) CfC: publish "The picture element" specification as a FPWD,
    closes Feb 8
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0227.html

c) CfC: publish "The srcset attribute" specification as a FPWD,
    closes Feb 8
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0228.html

d) CfC: publish "Use Cases and Requirements for Standardizing Responsive
    Images" specification as a FPWD,
    closes Feb 11
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0027.html

7. New Surveys this week

    None

8. Decisions this week

    None

9. Other Business

a) April F2F
    http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda

b) CfC: publish FPWD of HTML Templates
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2013JanMar/0134.html

c) Inviting your review of IndieUI Events
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0012.html

d) Using WAI-ARIA in HTML ready for publication
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0024.html

e) Welcome Steve Faulkner as the newest addition to the HTML5 editorial
    team!
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013Feb/0072.html

f) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2013-01-28 - 2013-02-03
    http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/02/openweb-weekly-01.html

10. Scribe for next meeting

11. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
   +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
   #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Thursday, 7 February 2013 17:28:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:53 UTC