RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-02-07 - CFCs and other business

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:26:01 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Minutes -> http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-wg-minutes.html

                              - DRAFT -

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JanMar/0011.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-wg-irc

          Radhika_Roy, Sam, hober, [Microsoft], adrianba, Plh,
          ddorwin, krisk, jaymunro, Eliot, +1.626.379.aaaa,
          Daniel_Austin, Mike

          Sam Ruby

          Adrian Bateman

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, February 7
         2. [6]New Issues This Week
         3. [7]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [8]Items Closing This Week
         5. [9]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [10]New Calls this week
         7. [11]New surveys this week
         8. [12]Decisions this week
         9. [13]Other Business
        10. [14]Scribe for next meeting
        11. [15]Adjournment
     * [16]Summary of Action Items

   <trackbot> Date: 07 February 2013

   <krisk> * krisk dialing in...

   <rubys> not clear to me who (if anybody) volunteered last time
   to scribe

   <rubys> the scribe for last meeting recorded "krisk: I can
   help" (krisk was the scribe)

   <krisk> Yes I can scribe if need be

   i don't mind scribing

   <scribe> ScribeNick: adrianba

ACTION items due by Thursday, February 7

   rubys: none

New Issues This Week

   rubys: none
   ... 3 tracker requests down from 5 last week
   ... still hoping to reduce that number

Items Closed Last Week

   rubys: CfC for the EME spec
   ... certainly got lots of feedback on that
   ... chairs working with W3C Management on that

   plh: yes, we're working on that - weather in Boston might cause
   a delay

Items Closing This Week

   rubys: the new calls this week close - get to that later

Items Closing Next Week

   rubys: none

New Calls this week

   rubys: there are four
   ... CfC on Entity Resolution - close yesterday - yet to post
   conclusion on that
   ... CfC on picture element and on srcset attribute - two
   separate calls - both close tomorrow

   hober: the one objection that was raised was withdrawn

   rubys: for srcset

   hober: yes

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Feb/0106.html

   rubys: CfC for Use Cases for standardizing responsive images
   closes Feb 11
   ... CfC for minimum period of microdata passed

   paulc: [clarifies this is for minimum period - to publish was
   more than 10 days ago]

   rubys: any other questions or comments?

New surveys this week

   rubys: none

Decisions this week

   rubys: the microdata minimum CR period was such a decision

Other Business

   rubys: April F2F

   Daniel_Austin: i'm organising this - lots of groups meeting
   ... WebCrypto, WebAppSec, etc
   ... a number of groups clustered around the HTML-WG meeting
   ... wondering about how much overlap there will be amongst

   plh: i don't think there is a lot with WebCrypto and WebAppSec
   with HTML
   ... WebApps WG will meet for 1.5 days because they realised
   they would lose people on Friday afternoon
   ... and 1.5 days would be enough
   ... chairs of WebApps will send their own email

   Daniel_Austin: wanted to mention HTML5 performance activities

   plh: not sure if this is the right forum
   ... if people are interested in what we should do to improve
   performance they should talk to me

   Daniel_Austin: will there be test suites for perf? will this
   group need to do that?

   plh: the task force is just to look at options for what we
   might do - the TF will not solve the problem

   <rubys> [18]http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda has a
   spot for "Potential Topics"

     [18] http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-04-Agenda

   rubys: Wiki page for F2F has a spot for topics
   ... good place if people are interested
   ... CfC for FPWD of HTML Templates
   ... this is in the WebApps WG - bringing it to this groups
   attention since it is a HTML Extension spec
   ... if you want to participate it is over in WebApps
   ... Inviting your review of IndieUI events
   ... WAI-ARIA in HTML ready for publication
   ... anybody who is interested can comment - no requirement to
   do so
   ... Steve Faulkner has been appointed as an editor
   ... welcome
   ... the Open Web Platform Summary has started up again
   ... [19]http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/02/openweb-weekly-01.html
   ... any other business?
   ... news on longdesc?

     [19] http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/02/openweb-weekly-01.html

   paulc: the minutes of last week's meeting suggested we would
   expect a WG CfC
   ... been delayed by one week

   rubys: anything else?

Scribe for next meeting

   rubys: any volunteers?
   ... mjs will probably chair

   <paulc> Strong possibility for regrets next week from Paul (on

   rubys: none heard

   rubys: adjourned

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]