W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2013

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2013-01-17 - Issues, CFC, and Preference Poll

From: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:47:59 -0800
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <83F37C1A4497B54589EAEDC750D03A941EA80E65D3@nambx09.corp.adobe.com>
Available at:
	http://www.w3.org/2013/01/17-html-wg-minutes.html

HTML Weekly Teleconference

17 Jan 2013

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JanMar/0004.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/17-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          +1.781.568.aabb, Sam, Radhika_Roy, cabanier, Eliot,
          Erika, Jay, +1.971.998.aacc, David_Carlisle, glenn,
          Janina, paulc, hober, Wilto, Laura_Carlson, christian,
          [Microsoft], adrianba, yoav, [IPcaller], Tantek

   Regrets
          Daniel_Austin

   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          cabanier

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ACTION items due by Thursday, January 17
         2. [6]New Issues This Week
         3. [7]ISSUE-207: Adaptive and responsive images
         4. [8]Bug 20082 (Microdata) - Change Microdata
            specification track to W3C Note
         5. [9]Bug 12725 (Polyglot) - Document should be on the
            Note-track
         6. [10]Bug 12726 (Alt techniques in HTML) - Document
            should be on the Note-track
         7. [11]Bug 13409 - Defining Entity references for
            characters in XHTML
         8. [12]Bug 15213 - Drag-and-drop processing model
         9. [13]Items Closed Last Week
        10. [14]: Items Closing This Week
        11. [15]CfC: to publish Media Source Extensions
            specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD)
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/
            2013Jan/0005.html
        12. [16]Items Closing Next Week
        13. [17]CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images
            consistently with Plan 2014
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/
            2013Jan/0020.html
        14. [18]New Surveys this week
        15. [19]Preference Survey: Microdata Note vs
            Recommendation Track
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/
            2013Jan/0022.html
        16. [20]Decisions this week
        17. [21]Other Business
        18. [22]Status of CfC for Encrypted Media Extensions, ETA
            next week Current Candidate FPWD (not yet completed):
        19. [23]Publishing Use Cases and <picture> document
            through HTMLWG
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/
            2012Dec/0087.html
        20. [24]HTML core spec bug reorganization
        21. [25]CfC: to publish ARIA in HTML specification as a
            First Public Working Draft (FPWD)
            http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/
            2013Jan/0006.html
        22. [26]Chair/scribe for next meeting
     * [27]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 17 January 2013

   <paulc> [28]http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-html-wg-minutes.html
   say Rik will scribe.

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2013/01/10-html-wg-minutes.html

   <scribe> scribenick: cabanier

   <Wilto> Well, I tried.

   <Wilto> thanks, hober.

   <yoav> +yoav

   topic ACTION items due by Thursday, January 17

ACTION items due by Thursday, January 17

   none

New Issues This Week

ISSUE-207: Adaptive and responsive images

   <paulc> ISSUE-207?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-207 -- Adaptive and responsive images --
   raised

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/207

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/207

   <laura_> If the responsive images group wants to pursue
   incorporating the picture element into HTML5.0, they can do so.
   But I withdraw my tracker request. I wish them the best.

   paulc: we have a call for consensus which is later on the
   agenda
   ... ... we updated the assumption for all the other tracker
   issues

Bug 20082 (Microdata) - Change Microdata specification track to W3C
Note

   [30]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20082

     [30] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20082

   paulc: should microdata be a rec or a note? this is also later
   on the agenda

Bug 12725 (Polyglot) - Document should be on the Note-track

   [31]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12725

     [31] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12725

   paulc: this is the same
   ... the chairs are going the preference poll one at a time
   ... have we done those previously?
   ... we want to make sure that the survey mechanism is working
   correctly
   ... we will do the survey when microdata closes

Bug 12726 (Alt techniques in HTML) - Document should be on the
Note-track

   [32]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12726

     [32] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12726

   paulc: we had a specific request to put this item on hold

   <paulc> See
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
   an/0002.html

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0002.html

   paulc: Steve Falckner sent the chairs a note to wait until
   implementation details
   ... ...as of yet no bugs are filed but we expect that they will
   ... ... janina is going to work on this
   ... ... the chairs are going to leave this as outstanding

Bug 13409 - Defining Entity references for characters in XHTML

   [34]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13409

     [34] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13409

   paulc: we had a proposal:
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
   an/0021.html
   ... David Carlisle is going to work with the group on an
   extension spec
   ... what is the status of the spec?

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0021.html

   davidc: I'm not sure about the procedure
   ... the spec is not on a rec track

   paulc: is it xhtml- pubid?

   <paulc> See
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/xhtmlpubid.html

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/xhtmlpubid.html

   davidc: yes

   paulc: what should happen to the document?
   ... you should take the text from your message but send it to
   public-html
   ... and provide your solution

   davidc: that sounds good
   ... it would be good that the implementors are aware of the
   issue
   ... and if people have comments

Bug 15213 - Drag-and-drop processing model

   [37]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15213

     [37] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=15213

   paulc: this item was reopened
   ... I didn't have time to research it
   ... I wonder what is going on. Sam, do you know?

   rubys: ... (?)

   paulc: so this was raised by john?
   ... is there precedent to move from 5.1 to 5.0

   <rubys> s/... (?)/we should process as a 5.1 issue/

   paulc: we may move this to 5.1 and Sam is going investigate if
   this is OK and not setting a precedent
   ... if it's a feature request, we can simply put it in 5.1

Items Closed Last Week

   paulc: none

: Items Closing This Week

CfC: to publish Media Source Extensions specification as a First
Public Working Draft (FPWD)
[38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/000
5.html

     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0005.html

   paulc: that closed last night and there were no objections
   ... this CfC has passed

   <paulc>
   [39]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
   an/0039.html

     [39] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0039.html

   paulc: ... so we will publish this
   ... ... Adrian and aaron are the editors and worked with Mike
   Smith to get this published
   ... ... I will ask for a transition request
   ... ... probably today or tomorrow

Items Closing Next Week

CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with Plan 2014
[40]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/002
0.html

     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0020.html

   <paulc> ISSUE-207?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-207 -- Adaptive and responsive images --
   raised

   <trackbot> [41]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/207

     [41] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/207

   paulc: there is a fair amound of position taking and there is
   topical discussion going on

   hober: laura is withdrawing her tracker request

   Wilto: I'm in the responsive images community group

   <Wilto> "If the responsive images group wants to pursue
   incorporating the picture

   <Wilto> element into HTML5.0, they can do so. But I withdraw my
   tracker request. I wish

   <Wilto> them the best."

   Wilto: around 9:10, laura_ said that

   paulc: she is not a member of the WG
   ... we will not withdraw the CFC

New Surveys this week

Preference Survey: Microdata Note vs Recommendation Track
[42]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/002
2.html

     [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0022.html

   [43]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-prefe
   rence-poll/

     [43] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-preference-poll/

   paulc: should it be a rec or a note? we have a poll
   ... .. the interim result 17 yes and 4 no

   <paulc> Interim results:
   [44]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-prefe
   rence-poll/results

     [44] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/microdata-status-preference-poll/results

   paulc: it looks like the yes vote is in the lead. This is a
   simple majority vote

Decisions this week

   None

Other Business

Status of CfC for Encrypted Media Extensions, ETA next week Current
Candidate FPWD (not yet completed):

   [45]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-me
   dia/encrypted-media-fpwd.html

     [45] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media-fpwd.html

   paulc: we have a candidate draft document.
   ... the taskforce has 1 more bug that they need to close. This
   has delayed the process by a week
   ... ... it will open up next tuesday probable

Publishing Use Cases and <picture> document through HTMLWG
[46]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2012Dec/008
7.html

     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2012Dec/0087.html

   paulc: i put this on the agenda to figure out the status

   hober: there are 4 to 5 src-set bug and try to work though them
   ... ... I don't think <picture> needs to wait for src-set.

   <Wilto>
   [47]http://picture.responsiveimages.org/#relationship-to-srcset

     [47] http://picture.responsiveimages.org/#relationship-to-srcset

   Wilto: looking through the src-set bugs, they are addressed by
   the picture spec
   ... ... there is overlap
   ... I'm unsure how to coordinate

   paulc: maybe someone can give us the list of bugs on srcset

   <rubys>
   [48]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIG
   NED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&component=The%20srcset%2
   0attribute&product=HTML%20WG&list_id=4252

     [48] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&component=The%20srcset%20attribute&product=HTML%20WG&list_id=4252

   paulc: I suggest that people comment on these bugs
   ... ... there was thinking that we should publish the 2 documents
   at the same time and that they should point to each other
   ... ... they are 2 proposals for the same use-cases

   <Wilto> (Some of the same use-cases.)

   paulc: ... I wonder if we can wait 2 more weeks until Hober fixes
   his bugs

   Wilto: ...(?)

   Hober: 2 weeks is fine. I will try to do it faster.

   paulc: the chairs are tracking this

   <Wilto> "Where some of the outstanding `srcset` bugs are
   addressed by the `picture` extension specification, we may not
   be able to close them without knowing more about the status of
   the `picture` extension spec."

   ???: there are duplicate bugs between w3c and whatwg bugs

   hober: the bugs are cloned so they are linked together

   <Wilto> "If `picture` should pass, it would effectively close
   some of these bugs. If not, they would need to be addressed in
   another way before the `srcset` bugs can be closed."

   hober: I'm tracking it in both places

   paulc: are all the bugs assigned to you, hober?

   hober: yes, they are

   paulc: thanks yoav for noticing that

HTML core spec bug reorganization

   [49]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013J
   an/0014.html

     [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0014.html

   paulc: robin started the message about how we can reorg the
   bugs
   ... ... I want to make it to people's attention that we will move
   things around
   ... ... most of the bugs are under html5 and many in html.next
   ... ... does anyone have comments or questions? If so, post them
   to the admin list

CfC: to publish ARIA in HTML specification as a First Public Working
Draft (FPWD)
[50]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/000
6.html

     [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0006.html

   paulc: this cfc passed some time ago and is awaiting
   publication
   ... is anyone on the call that can update us?

   (silence)

   paulc: the transition request for the documents has not been
   sent to the chairs list yet
   ... I have 2 pending requests.
   ... are there any other questions?

Chair/scribe for next meeting

   paulc: Maciej will most likely chair
   ... who wants to scribe

   no scribe volunteer

   RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [51]scribe.perl version
    1.137 ([52]CVS log)
    $Date: 2013-01-17 17:42:55 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [51] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [52] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 17 January 2013 17:48:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:53 UTC