W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2012

[minutes] 20120726 HTML WG

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:15:19 -0400
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-ID: <1343412919.27552.277.camel@chacal>
Available at
 http://www.w3.org/2012/07/26-html-wg-minutes.html

Text version:

                       HTML Weekly Teleconference

26 Jul 2012

Attendees

   Present
          Paul, Sam, Glenn, plh, Jay, Janina, Eliot, Matthew, Ted,
          Laura

   Regrets
          Kris

   Chair
          Paul

   Scribe
          plh

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Action items
         2. [4]New issues
         3. [5]Items that closed last week
         4. [6]Items Closing This Week
         5. [7]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [8]New Calls this Week
         7. [9]New Surveys this week
         8. [10]Decisions this week
         9. [11]Task Force Reports
        10. [12]Other Business
        11. [13]Scribe for next meeting
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

Action items

   none

New issues

   none

Items that closed last week

   issue-199?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-199 -- Define complete processing requirements
   for ARIA attributes -- open

   <trackbot> [15]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

     [15] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/199

   Paul: we have a WG decision later in the agenda

   issue-200?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-200 -- Allow wrapping LEGEND (or new iLEGEND)
   in non-FIELDSET elements -- open

   <trackbot> [16]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

     [16] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/200

   Paul: now in Chairs hands

   issue-189?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be
   coordinated with IETF -- open

   <trackbot> [17]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

     [17] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

   Paul: now in Chairs hands

Items Closing This Week

   issue-131?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to
   canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open

   <trackbot> [18]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

     [18] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

   Paul: we sent a request to update proposals by Jul 24
   ... and we received multiple requests for extension, while
   adsorbing the decision on issue 205

   <rubys>
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/017
   8.html

     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0178.html

   <rubys> extension was granted to August 3 by mjs

   Paul: so it's on hold until the Chairs see the reaction
   ... apologizes to Silvia for spelling her name wrong in the
   announcement btw

   issue-194?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-194 -- Provide a mechanism for associating a
   full transcript with an audio or video element. -- open

   <trackbot> [20]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

     [20] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/194

   Paul: this one is closing today

   issue-183?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-183 -- Enhance and simplify the time element
   -- open

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/183

   Paul: CfC closes tomorrow
   ... no responses so far

   issue-206?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-206 -- Should HTML5 have a meta generator
   exception to the alt requirement? -- open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/206

   Paul: Call for counter proposals closes on July 27
   ... and Ted is interested in writing one

Items Closing Next Week

   none

New Calls this Week

   none

New Surveys this week

   none

Decisions this week

   Paul: we have one on issue 199
   ... see
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/012
   2.html

     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0122.html

Task Force Reports

   Paul: written report from Kris on test suite tf
   ... see
   [24]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce
   /2012JulSep/0014.html
   ... next is a11 tf report

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2012JulSep/0014.html

   Janina: 205, sorry about the delay. we're looking into it. not
   clear we'll ask for reconsideration
   ... some statements in the decision that people may want to
   respond in the record
   ... might come back in that question in html.next
   ... we agreed to answer by august 3rd
   ... we're moving forward on most of the remaining issues
   ... where are we on 204 and 201?

   Paul: hold on for those twos. later in the agenda

   Janina: also trying to figure the implementations for HTML for
   A11y api
   ... no report ready for wider review yet

   Paul: next one is the media group sub-group
   ... we're meeting every Tuesday, alternating the proposals
   ... both of the original submission are being changed
   substantial to use a more OO approach
   ... taking longer than expected
   ... by the end of august, we'll have new revisions
   ... and get to some of the other bugs, which are on hold at the
   moment
   ... objectives is to bring the proposals back to the WG and
   possibly as first FPWD
   ... next week is Media Source Extensions
   ... see public-html-media@w3.org
   ... some indication from a11y experts that there might be some
   issues
   ... cf f2f discussions

Other Business

   Paul: Proposed adaptive image element
   ... email thread starts at
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/012
   3.html
   ... and a bug in
   [26]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18384
   ... there seems to be interest in this feature, and whether it
   belongs to HTML5 or HTML.next

     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0123.html
     [26] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18384

   plh: concerned about the time it will take to close on it.
   safer to put it in HTML5

   Paul: one of the co-chairs suggested filing a bug and we have
   one now

   Matthew: putting this off to HTML.next is problematic
   ... we could resolve issues quickly

   <paulc>
   [27]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-med
   ia/encrypted-media.html

     [27] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html

   Paul: agreed. maybe we need a very concrete proposal, written
   as an editor's draft
   ... and start having a technical discussion
   ... I'll like to encourage the CG to do the editor's draft,
   then submit it
   ... possibly opening a new component in bugzilla
   ... get something in the mercurial space that correctly
   reflects the sentiment of the CG

   Ted: seems they should drive it to FSA

   Paul: agreed, but we could start the technical discussion going
   while the CG does the FSA step
   ... I'm happy to help on this
   ... I do believe that we should drive it like the media
   extensions

   Matthew: agreed
   ... what about having implementations?

   Paul: you could but we might change the proposal later on

   Matthew: we do have active interest from IE and Adobe on this

   <scribe> ACTION: Paul to work with Matthew to get an editor's
   draft submitted to the WG for proposed adaptive image element
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2012/07/26-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-220 - Work with Matthew to get an
   editor's draft submitted to the WG for proposed adaptive image
   element [on Paul Cotton - due 2012-08-02].

   Matthew: I resubmitted this to the WHATWG, what does this mean
   for this process?

   Paul: we'll follow up offline

   issue-195?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-195 -- Enhance http request generation from
   forms -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/195

   Paul: it seems we're ready for survey here

   <rubys>
   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/020
   7.html

     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0207.html

   Sam: Cameron wants until the end of next week to see if it's
   ready for survey

   issue-201?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-201 -- Provide canvas location and hit testing
   capability to fallback content -- open

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/201

   Paul: some of the CP authors met on Tuesday and came up with a
   merged proposal
   ... Steve has been working on it
   ... Frank and Ted need to look at it

   Ted: will look into it by end of day tomorrow

   Janina: thanks for the update

   issue-204?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-204 -- Exempt ARIA attributes from the rule
   that prohibits reference to hidden elements -- open

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/204

   Paul: some discussion going on here

   <rubys>
   [33]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/020
   9.html

     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0209.html

   Ted: I removed the paragraph

   Sam: I believe this is ready for survey

   Paul: ok, so this is ready for survey. Expect one for 204 to go
   out eminently

   Janina: thanks for correcting the proposal. I'm happy with it

   issue-164?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- open

   <trackbot> [34]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

     [34] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164

   Paul: I sent out 5 reviews earlier this week.
   ... we have responses on 3 emails
   ... 2 of them by August 3rd
   ... one of them will not be updated
   ... so on hold until August 3rd
   ... we'll continue to follow up
   ... and decide what to do with the CP that won't be updated by
   the author
   ... next one is the charter revision
   ... plh sent an update

   plh: it's in the hands of W3C management, then will go to the
   AC
   ... expect approval by end of September

   <paulc>
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/018
   3.html

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jul/0183.html

   Paul: we had the editors announcement yesterday
   ... we announced four individuals
   ... and we keep looking at the Canvas2D editors
   ... we'll get the editors on board and work through the backlog
   ... thank you to all applicants
   ... W3C has sponsorship for editorial position
   ... and the team and chairs are evaluating candidates

Scribe for next meeting

   Paul: it's Sam turn next week

   Glenn: I'll scribe next week

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   Action Items [NEW] ACTION: Paul to work with Matthew to get an
   editor's draft submitted to the WG for proposed adaptive image
   element [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2012/07/26-html-wg-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 27 July 2012 18:15:26 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC