W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > January to March 2012

{minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-26: issue progress, task force reports, other business

From: Edward O'Connor <eoconnor@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 09:36:21 -0800
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Message-id: <m2aa5av016.fsf@eoconnor.apple.com>
Paul wrote:

> The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
> 2012-01-26 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

The minutes for this week's teleconference are available in HTML at

           http://www.w3.org/2012/01/26-html-wg-minutes.html

or in plain text below.

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/26-html-wg-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          paulc

   Scribe
          hober

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Action items due by Thursday, January 26
         2. [5]New Issues This Week
         3. [6]Items Closed Last Week
         4. [7]Items Closing This Week
         5. [8]Items Closing Next Week
         6. [9]New Calls this week
         7. [10]New Surveys this week
         8. [11]Decisions this week
         9. [12]Task Force Reports
        10. [13]Testing Task Force report
        11. [14]Accessibility Task Force report
        12. [15]Other Business
        13. [16]Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy
        14. [17]Chair and Scribe for next meeting
        15. [18]Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy
        16. [19]Adjournment
     * [20]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <scribe> ScribeNick: hober

Action items due by Thursday, January 26

   paulc: there aren't any
   ... the one oustanding action item is due next week

New Issues This Week

   ISSUE-203?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-203 -- All Media Elements should have the ability
   to have both short and longer textual descriptions associated to the
   element -- raised

   <trackbot> [21]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

     [21] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/203

   paulc: there's a call for change proposals out

Items Closed Last Week

   ISSUE-180?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
   open

   <trackbot> [22]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

     [22] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

   paulc: no objections to the CfC

   ISSUE-181?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation --
   open

   <trackbot> [23]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

   paulc: no objections to the CfC

   ISSUE-187?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over
   the time -- open

   <trackbot> [24]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

     [24] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

   paulc: we have a change proposals, so there's a call for alternate
   proposals

   ISSUE-190?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with
   multiple images -- open

   <trackbot> [25]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

     [25] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

   paulc: we have a change proposal

   ISSUE-191?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements
   by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- open

   <trackbot> [26]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

     [26] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

   paulc: closed on 1/21, we have a change proposal

   ISSUE-192?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match
   reality -- open

   <trackbot> [27]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

     [27] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

   paulc: call for change proposals closed on 1/21

Items Closing This Week

   paulc: due to christmas break, there are none

Items Closing Next Week

   paulc: there are none

New Calls this week

   ISSUE-187?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over
   the time -- open

   <trackbot> [28]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

     [28] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

   paulc: call for alternate change proposals closes on 2/23

   <Clarke> +Clarke_Stevens

   ISSUE-190?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with
   multiple images -- open

   <trackbot> [29]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

     [29] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

   paulc: we have a single change proposal; call for counter change
   proposals closes on 2/23

   ISSUE-191?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-191 -- Replace/complement <ins> and <del> elements
   by a cleaner wysiwyg-safe attribute-based solution -- open

   <trackbot> [30]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

     [30] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/191

   paulc: call for counter change proposals closes on 2/23

   ISSUE-192?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-192 -- title attribute definition does not match
   reality -- open

   <trackbot> [31]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

     [31] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/192

   paulc: call for alternate or counter change proposals closes on
   2/23, we have a single proposal
   ... we encourage wg members to discuss these on public-html
   ... early filing of counter proposals is encouraged

New Surveys this week

   paulc: there aren't any

Decisions this week

   ISSUE-180?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox --
   open

   <trackbot> [32]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

     [32] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

   ISSUE-181?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-181 -- remove remains of "sidebar" link relation --
   open

   <trackbot> [33]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

     [33] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/181

   paulc: both have been closed by amicable consensus because there
   were no objections
   ... the related bugs will be so marked & the editor has been asked
   to make the changes

Task Force Reports

Testing Task Force report

   krisk: met last week on the 17th

   <krisk> Meeting Notes ->
   [34]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Ja
   n/0004.html

     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jan/0004.html

   krisk: slow month, but a few more test submissions came in
   ... jgraham is helping with test reviews
   ... we meet again next week
   ... sent a mail to the testing list updating our schedule through
   the end of july & updated wiki about same

   <krisk>
   [35]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Ja
   n/0005.html

     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Jan/0005.html

   paulc: do you have a page that describes the current test suite
   status?

   <krisk> [36]http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/

     [36] http://w3c-test.org/html/tests/

   <krisk> [37]http://w3c-test.org/html/

     [37] http://w3c-test.org/html/

Accessibility Task Force report

   MikeSmith: we met today

   <MikeSmith>
   [38]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/027
   0.html

     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0270.html

   <MikeSmith> [39]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/26-html-a11y-minutes.html

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/26-html-a11y-minutes.html

   MikeSmith: we talked about the <meta name=generator> cp steve f. has
   been working on
   ... the spec has an exception for image alternative text if there's
   a <meta name=generator> element in the doc
   ... CP will advocate for removing this exception
   ... tentative resolution to endorse this CP
   ... TF asking steve to fix up the negative effects section
   ... also talked about revert request laura submitted yesterday
   ... no resolution
   ... a11y tf has a number of sub teams
   ... the bug triage team was quite active at the end of the year
   ... many bugs have been open for a long time in NEEDSINFO state
   ... some in NEEDSINFO for a year or more
   ... we're going to remind folk to supply requested information on
   these bugs

   <MikeSmith> [40]http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-a11y-minutes.html

     [40] http://www.w3.org/2012/01/19-html-a11y-minutes.html

   Cynthia: a11y api mapping is coming along, would like feedback from
   test tf

   MikeSmith: we have a sub team working on a implementors guide for
   a11y platform api mappings

   <MikeSmith>
   [41]http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-api-map/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

     [41] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-api-map/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

   <MikeSmith> HTML to Platform Accessibility APIs Implementation
   Guide: A user agent developer's guide to understanding and
   implementing accessibility support in HTML

Other Business

   ISSUE-177?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be
   given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

   <trackbot> [42]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

     [42] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

   krisk: are they looking for someone to write tests for the mapping
   doc?

   MikeSmith: they'd like a conversation with you about this

   paulc: ISSUE-177, re-issued call for input from Chairs
   ... item is still pending, would like more feedback from wg members

   [43]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0132.htm
   l

     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0132.html

   <paulc> DP bug:
   [44]https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13263

     [44] https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13263

   ISSUE-30?

   <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute
   for images -- open

   <trackbot> [45]http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

     [45] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30

   paulc:
   [46]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/023
   1.html
   ... mjs has given current status of this issue on the a11y list
   ... chairs are continuing to work on finalizing their review of the
   cp

     [46] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Jan/0231.html

Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy

   paulc: rich and the a11y tf have asked for the schedule to be
   revisited given upcoming events
   ... chairs have replied
   ... chairs would like to get a concrete proposal
   ... it's hard to get others to respond without there being a
   concrete proposal on the table
   ... laura's revert request

   <paulc>
   [47]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0136.htm
   l

     [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0136.html

   paulc: the chairs can't convene until early next week due to travel
   etc.

   <paulc> The Chairs will process this request early next week when we
   can convene a meeting with all three co-chairs present.

Chair and Scribe for next meeting

   paulc: it's mjs's turn to chair next week
   ... volunteers to scribe?

   paulc tentatively volunteers

Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy

   paulc: summarizes previous conversation to rich
   ... sam asked for a concrete proposal

   <paulc> see
   [48]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0113.htm
   l

     [48] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Jan/0113.html

   <paulc> "If you would like us to consider a change, making a
   concrete proposal "

   richardschwerdtfe: my main justification is, if we have counter
   proposals, will we have time to address them in that 1 month period

   paulc: please respond to sam
   ... would help to paramaterize, e.g. "if we get 10 CPs, we could use
   N weeks instead of 4 weeks"

   richardschwerdtfe: sounds fair

Adjournment

   paulc: we are adjourned
Received on Thursday, 26 January 2012 17:37:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC