W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > October to December 2011

RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-08: actions, issues and task force reports

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 17:41:25 +0000
To: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
CC: "Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net)" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com)" <mjs@apple.com>, Kris Krueger <krisk@microsoft.com>, "Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> (janina@rednote.net)" <janina@rednote.net>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "HTML WG (public-html@w3.org)" <public-html@w3.org>
Message-ID: <6895C7B67488C14AA23F0E079F0D7E8F17187E@TK5EX14MBXC284.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
Minutes -> http://www.w3.org/2011/12/08-html-wg-minutes.html

- DRAFT -

HTML Weekly Teleconference

08 Dec 2011

 Agenda

Attendees

Present
  mjs, Julian, paulc, [Microsoft], adrianba, krisk, glenn, +1.732.238.aaaa, Sam, Janina_Sajka, +1.503.713.aabb, eliot, +1.503.713.aacc
Regrets
Chair
  Paul Cotton
Scribe
  Adrian Bateman

Contents
Topics
1.ACTION items due by Thursday, December 8
2.New Issues This Week
3.Items Closed Last Week
4.Items Closing This Week
5.Items Closing Next Week
6.New Calls this week
7.New Surveys this week
8.Decisions this week
9.Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force
10.Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force
11.Other Business
12.Chair and Scribe for next meeting
13.Adjournment

Summary of Action Items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACTION items due by Thursday, December 8

ACTION-207?

<trackbot> ACTION-207 -- Paul Cotton to confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active -- due 2011-12-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

<pimpbot> Title: ACTION-207: Confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: this is related to ISSUE-179

ISSUE-179?

<trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: I don't have anything more to report on this

ACTION-207 due dec 22

<trackbot> ACTION-207 Confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active due date now dec 22

paulc: we'll check to see the status of that action at that time

New Issues This Week

ISSUE-186?

<trackbot> ISSUE-186 -- conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-186: conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: first four items have calls for change proposals later on the agenda

ISSUE-187?

<trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over the time -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-187: Document conformance has to be stable over the time - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-188?

<trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-188: Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-189?

<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-189: Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-190?

<trackbot> ISSUE-190 -- Replace poor coding example for figure with multiple images -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/190

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-190: Replace poor coding example for figure with multiple images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: fifth issue was opened in the last 24 hours
 ... we also have one outstanding TrackerRequest for bug 13057

<pimpbot> 11http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13057 daniel.glazman, P2, RESOLVED WONTFIX, 13Remove INS and DEL elements in favor of a new set of attributes

bug 13057?

Items Closed Last Week

ISSUE-179?

<trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/179

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-179: {audio,video} require param child (or equivalent) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: since this closed on dec 1, we have not yet issued calls for counter proposals because of our attempt to see what the web & tv IG will do here
 ... chairs are on top of this and watching what is happening here
 ... since there are so many other issues pending this doesn't seem like a problem

Items Closing This Week

ISSUE-133?

<trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-174?

<trackbot> ISSUE-174 -- potential conflict between Link: and <link> semantics -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/174

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-174: potential conflict between Link: and semantics - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

<pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12964] <video>: Declarative linking of full-text transcripts to video and audio elements <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Dec/0515.html> 4** [Bug 12794] <video> Add a non-normative note on how to provide text alternatives for media elements <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Dec/0514.html> 4** [Bug 10919] Allow role="presentation" to override the default role of any element <

paulc: i haven't had chance to check on the status of this - does anybody know?

rubys: i haven't seen any objections either

paulc: probably move forward on consensus

ISSUE-177?

<trackbot> ISSUE-177 -- References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/177

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-177: References to Internet-Drafts should be given as "Work in Progress" per RFC 2026. - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-180?

<trackbot> ISSUE-180 -- Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/180

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-180: Add "allow-popups" for iframe@sandbox - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: call for counter proposals ends on saturday

Items Closing Next Week

paulc: none

New Calls this week

paulc: four calls for change proposals that close on jan 14 - an extra week to account for the end of year holiday period

ISSUE-186?

<trackbot> ISSUE-186 -- conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-186: conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-187?

<trackbot> ISSUE-187 -- Document conformance has to be stable over the time -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-187: Document conformance has to be stable over the time - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-188?

<trackbot> ISSUE-188 -- Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-188: Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

ISSUE-189?

<trackbot> ISSUE-189 -- Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-189: Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

paulc: we have a new issue 190, i've already prepared the call for change proposals and will likely go out today or tomorrow

New Surveys this week

paulc: none

Decisions this week

paulc: none

Task Force Reports - Testing Task Force

krisk: met as planned on nov 29
 ... meet again dec 13
 ... that will be the last meeting of the year

<krisk> Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Dec/0002.html

<pimpbot> Title: Re: MOSQUITO project to contribute to HTML5 tests from James Graham on 2011-12-07 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

krisk: we've created an IDL harness for testing WebIDL
 ... the MOSQUITO project from Europe will be submitting 47 input tests for HTML

<krisk> See -> http://html5.mosquito-fp7.eu/

<pimpbot> Title: HTML5 - MOSQUITO contribution (at html5.mosquito-fp7.eu)

krisk: that's all for today - questions?

Task Force Reports - Accessibility Task Force

janina: we continue to meet - several of the subgroups are active
 ... change proposal was approved on the reopen request for issue-131

ISSUE-131?

<trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

<pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)

scribe: this is to define a baseline - important for implementations
 ... previous proposal was not precise about this - proposed options
 ... have agreement on what should suffice
 ... hopefully this will close the loop
 ... remainder of work is to look at bugs with status NEEDSINFO or still need processing from the TF
 ... i think that's a fair summary of where we are

paulc: questions?

Other Business

paulc: fyi - Open Web Platform summary for w/e 28th

http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-21.html

<pimpbot> Title: Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-11-21 - 2011-11-28 - W3C Blog (at www.w3.org)

<manu1> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0031.html

paulc: request for review of RDFa Lite FPWD

<pimpbot> Title: Request for Review of RDFa Lite FPWD from Manu Sporny on 2011-12-05 (public-html@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0031.html

manu: a little bit of background might be helpful
 ... RDFa 1.1 was supposed to go to LC and be done by now and there was a launch from all the search engine companies on an effort called schema.org
 ... to make it easier to mark up people places events on the web
 ... they want a lighter profile for RDFa before they want to support it
 ... this lite spec is the work since last july up to now
 ... it is a stripped down version of RDFa - we don't want implementers/authors/validators lives more difficult
 ... spec is meant as a best practice spec for how to use RDFa simply
 ... HTML WG suggested asking for review by the WG so we could take a look at it
 ... we've had two reviews so far
 ... we haven't put in the publication request but everything is ready to go
 ... question mostly for the chairs is whether it's okay to send the publication request out at this point
 ... it's a FPWD at this point
 ... should we go forward? should this document be co-produced by the HTML WG and RDFa WG?

paulc: personal position reflected in my comments - i'm a little concerned about layering of specifications
 ... i think i understand why you're doing it - because it's expeditious
 ... not convinced it's the correct layering
 ... on whether you should go ahead, i personally am not trying to stand in the way of fpwd and always my mantra that only have to have agreement to publish not content
 ... not seen any counter to publishing
 ... seen some commentary on the first issue which you've made into an issue
 ... with my chair hat on i've seen no input from WG that you shouldn't go ahead

rubys: should we go forward? yes
 ... should it be joint deliverable? i don't have a position on

paulc: second question is related to my comments

<paulc> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0049.html

<pimpbot> Title: RE: RDF Web Apps ISSUE-124 (was: Re: Request for Review of RDFa Lite FPWD) from Paul Cotton on 2011-12-08 (public-html@w3.org from December 2011) (at lists.w3.org)

paulc: suggest reviewing some of my comments

maciej: no comments from me

paulc: anyone on the call against publishing this fpwd?
 ... since you've asked on public list and no comments here, i suggest you go ahead
 ... objection to unanimous consent to moving ahead?
 ... none heard

<glenn> my question is on status of updating editor's draft, still stuck on November 4

manu: mention that in the future i will cc HTML WG when we do a transition for this document

<rubys> +1

manu: came as a surprise this time which we didn't intend to happen
 ... we've got 2 new WDs coming out
 ... RDFa core and RDFa+HTML next week - will provide an update then

paulc: believe you said in the introduction that you want RDFa 1.1 to LC and having the lite version was important
 ... when will 1.1 go to LC?

manu: we have two tracks of docs - with and without dependency on HTML5
 ... we want the ones not dependent on HTML5 forward - RDFa Core 1.1 and RDFa+HTML 1.1
 ... HTML+RDFa and Lite are dependent on HTML5

<Zakim> manu1, you wanted to outline how we might work a bit more smoothly in the future.

paulc: Status of the W3C canvas2d and html5 editors drafts
 ... we have a request from WG to figure out how to get the ED created again
 ... we've met several times in the last week on this and intend to meet again immediately after this call
 ... we don't have anything to report but #1 priority
 ... not the current timeline
 ... next important date is dec 31 for all bugs to be addressed by editors
 ... in the last week bug count down from 120 to about 30
 ... editor, certainly of html5 spec, processing a large number of bugs in the last week
 ... some have comments and a dialogue
 ... believe we're in good shape to meet this deadline
 ... remind wg members for items processed by the editors, next date is jan 14 - last date where you can add TrackerRequest keyword because you disagree

Chair and Scribe for next meeting

paulc: any volunteer to scribe next week on dec 15?
 ... no volunteers - chairs will figure out who will chair and scribe

Adjournment

paulc: meeting is adjourned

Summary of Action Items
 [End of minutes]

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Cotton 
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:56 AM
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
Cc: Adrian Bateman; Sam Ruby (rubys@intertwingly.net); Maciej Stachowiak (mjs@apple.com); Kris Krueger; Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> (janina@rednote.net); Manu Sporny
Subject: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-08: actions, issues and task force reports

The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on 2011-12-08 for up to 60 minutes from 17:00Z to 18:00Z.

http://timeanddate.com/s/26na

Tokyo 02:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, New Jersey/York 12:00, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.

Chair of the meeting: Paul Cotton
Scribe: Adrian Bateman

(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Agenda ==

1. ACTION items due by Thursday, December 8

a) ACTION-207: Confirm that change proposal for av_param is still active [Paul Cotton]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/207

2. New Issues This Week:

a) ISSUE-186: conformance error for use of role=presentation on interactive elements
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/186

b) ISSUE-187: Document conformance has to be stable over the time
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/187

c) ISSUE-188: Text tracks in HTML should be defined in a way agnostic of the specific caption format
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/188

d) ISSUE-189: Prefix convention needs to be coordinated with IETF
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/189

There are one (1) outstanding tracker requests (as of Dec 7):
http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest
See: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13057 

3. Items Closed Last Week

a) ISSUE-179: av_param call for Change Proposals closed Dec 1 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Sep/0242.html
Status: See ACTION-207.

4. Items Closing This Week

a) ISSUE-133: modal-attribute, Call for Consensus closes Dec 7 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0225.html

b) ISSUE-174: link-semantic-conflict, Call for Consensus closes Dec 7 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0223.html

c) ISSUE-177: ietf-id-wip, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Dec 10 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0076.html

d) ISSUE-180: allowpopups, Alternate or Counter Proposals due Dec 10 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0077.html

5. Items Closing Next Week
None

6. New Calls this week

a) ISSUE-186: role-presentation-override, Call for Proposals closes Jan 14
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0036.html 

b) ISSUE-187: role-presentation-override, Call for Proposals closes Jan 14
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0037.html

c) ISSUE-188: role-presentation-override, Call for Proposals closes Jan 14
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0039.html

d) ISSUE-189: role-presentation-override, Call for Proposals closes Jan 14
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0038.html

7. New Surveys this week
None

8. Decisions this week
None

9. Task Force Reports

a) Testing Task Force

b) Accessibility Task Force

10. Other Business

a) Open Web Platform Weekly Summary - 2011-11-21 - 2011-11-28
   http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/11/openweb-weekly-21.html

b) Request for Review of RDFa Lite FPWD, Manu Sporny 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Dec/0031.html

c) Status of W3C Canvas2D and HTML5 editor's drafts, Chairs
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Nov/0171.html 

d) HTML WG Last Call timeline status, Chairs
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html 
Status: Next important date is Dec 31 when "all bugs remaining in LC1 components addressed by editors".
For example as Dec 7 there were only 33 bugs open on the HTML5 specification:
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&component=LC1+HTML5+spec+%28editor%3A+Ian+Hickson%29&product=HTML+WG

11. Chair and Scribe for next meeting

12. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge:
  +1.617.761.6200 code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged):
  #html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329
Received on Thursday, 8 December 2011 17:42:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:52 UTC