W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2009

Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-24 - CfCs, Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc.

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 03:08:15 -0700
Message-id: <2FA1F46B-76FD-44A3-995C-7FC5A7C419DC@apple.com>
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on
2009-09-24 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00,
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
<http://timeanddate.com/s/1c1v>
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Executive Summary ==

0. Scribe for this meeting
1. Review of due and overdue action items:
     a. ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 - Following SVG-in-HTML thread, propose  
decentralized extensibility strategy for HTML5 [Adrian Bateman]
     b. ISSUE-7/ACTION-130 - codec support and the <video> element  
[David Singer]
     c. ISSUE-76/ACTION-139 - Propose 3 separate HTML5 drafts and the  
external Microdata draft [Manu Sporney]
     d. ACTION-141 - Document Last Call Process [Maciej Stachowiak]
     e. ISSUE-32/ACTION-145 - Update table summary draft [Cynthia  
Shelley]
     f. ACTION-127, ACTION-146, ACTION-147, ACTION-148 - these are all  
on Paul Cotton and he may not be able to make the telecon, so I am  
postponing these a week

2. Review of action items pending review:
     a. ISSUE-54/ACTION-103 - Register about: URI scheme [Lachlan Hunt]

3. New issues this week:
     a. ISSUE-81 - Offline Web Applications section should use the  
term "representation" instead of "resource"
     b. ISSUE-82 - Suggested replacement for head/@profile does not  
provide for disambiguation
     c. ISSUE-83 - Use of the dt and dd elements in figure and details  
content models
     d. ISSUE-84 - Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes?

4. Review of issues proposed to be closed: NONE.

5. Status of Call For Consensus emails
     a. CfC: Create Testing Task Force [Maciej Stachowiak]
     b. CfC: Create HTML Accessibility Task Force [Maciej Stachowiak]

6. Scribe for next meeting
7. Adjournment

== Details ==

0. Scribe for this meeting
1. Review of due and overdue action items:
     a. ISSUE-41/ACTION-97 - Following SVG-in-HTML thread, propose  
decentralized extensibility strategy for HTML5 [Adrian Bateman]
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/41>
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/97>

          We expect Adrian will send a proposal by the time of the  
telecon.

     b. ISSUE-7/ACTION-130 - codec support and the <video> element  
[David Singer]
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/7>
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/130>

          Is there a status update on this?

     c. ISSUE-76/ACTION-139 - Propose 3 separate HTML5 drafts and the  
external Microdata draft [Manu Sporney]
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/76>
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/139>

          HTML+RDFa track heading towards FPWD. Comments still being  
fielded. I suggest holding off on further action or other drafts until  
we are past FPWD.

     d. ACTION-141 - Document Last Call Process [Maciej Stachowiak]
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/141>

          The Chairs are reviewing a proposal detailing the process we  
expect to follow for Last Call (and perhaps sooner). Some details  
remain to be worked out, so the final version may not be available by  
telecon time.

     e. ISSUE-32/ACTION-145 - Update table summary draft [Cynthia  
Shelley]
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32>
          <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/145>

          Cyntia to give an update.

     f. ACTION-127, ACTION-146, ACTION-147, ACTION-148
         These are all on Paul Cotton and he may not be able to make  
the telecon, so I am postponing these a week. If Paul ends up making  
it he can give a brief update.


2. Review of action items pending review:
     a. ISSUE-54/ACTION-103 - Register about: URI scheme [Lachlan Hunt]
         The associated issue is now closed, and the action can slip  
out past Last Call, so we should close the ACTION.

3. New issues this week:
     a. ISSUE-81 - Offline Web Applications section should use the  
term "representation" instead of "resource"
             <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/81>

             A word choice discussion. Will not affect UA or content  
conformance.

     b. ISSUE-82 - Suggested replacement for head/@profile does not  
provide for disambiguation
             <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82>

             Dispute over a detail of @profile UA processing  
requirements. Will affect UA conformance.

     c. ISSUE-83 - Use of the dt and dd elements in figure and details  
content models
             <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82>

             Dispute about using dt and dd inside figure and legend..  
Will affect UA conformance and content conformance.

     d. ISSUE-84 - Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes?
             <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84>

             Should the SHOULD NOT for the "legacy" doctype (other  
than when generated by a tool that can't use the normal doctype) just  
be replaced with a MAY? Will have a theoretical effect on content  
conformance.


4. Review of issues proposed to be closed: NONE.

5. Status of Call For Consensus emails
     a. CfC: Create Testing Task Force [Maciej Stachowiak]
         It's sent.

     b. CfC: Create HTML Accessibility Task Force [Maciej Stachowiak]
         It's sent.

6. Scribe for next meeting
7. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 30 September 2009 10:08:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC