W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html-wg-announce@w3.org > July to September 2009

Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-09-10 - Accessibility TF, Testing TF, etc

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 17:14:20 +0000
To: "public-html-wg-announce@w3.org" <public-html-wg-announce@w3.org>
Message-ID: <267F18971244A34BA58D684E5EAA4E6F019594@TK5EX14MBXC137.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
The HTML Working Group will have its usual weekly teleconference on  
2009-09-10 for 60 minutes from 16:00Z to 17:00Z.
Tokyo 01:00+1, Amsterdam/Oslo 18:00, London/Dublin 17:00, 
New Jersey/York 12 noon, Kansas City 11:00, Seattle/San Francisco 09:00.
<http://timeanddate.com/s/1c1v>
(See the end of this email for dial-in and IRC info.)

== Executive Summary ==

1. Review of due and overdue action items

a. ISSUE-73/ACTION-123: Discuss choice of embedding vcard microdata instead of referencing IETF spec and defining conformance reqs for HTML5 [Sam Ruby]
b. ISSUE-31/ACTION-131: Draft ALT spec [Steve Faulkner]
c. ISSUE-63/ACTION-96: to ensure editor removes Origin header: from spec [Henri Sivonen]
d. ISSUE-35/ACTION-138: Produce a matrix based on Henri's work [Steve Faulkner]
e. ISSUE-32/ACTION-136: Send draft to the list, due in three weeks [Matthew May]
f. ACTION-38: Chairs to review need for amending charter with Director [Paul Cotton]
g. Other ACTIONS for discussion

2. New issues this week
a) ISSUE 78: Spec should use a term other than "URL" for Web Addresses

3. Review of issues proposed to be closed: NONE.

4. Joint HTML and PF WG Accessibility Task Force
5. HTML WG Testing Task Force
6. Scribe for next meeting
7. Adjournment

== Details ==

1. Review of due and overdue action items

a. Topic Issue-73/ACTION-123: Discuss choice of embedding vcard microdata instead of referencing IETF spec and defining conformance reqs for HTML5 [Sam Ruby]

ISSUE-73 - Overlap of "predefined vocabularies" with other specifications
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/73
ACTION-123: Discuss choice of embedding vcard microdata instead of referencing IETF spec and defining conformance reqs for HTML5 [Sam Ruby]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/123 

b. Topic Issue-31/ACTION-131: Draft ALT spec [Steve Faulkner]

ISSUE-31: What to do when a reasonable text equivalent is unknown/unavailable? 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/31 
ACTION-131: Draft ALT spec [Steve Faulkner]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/131 

c. Topic ISSUE-63/ACTION-96: to ensure editor removes Origin header: from spec [Henri Sivonen]

ISSUE-63: Origin header: in scope? required for this release?
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/63 
ACTION-96: to ensure editor removes Origin header: from spec [Henri Sivonen]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/96 

d. Topic ISSUE-35/ACTION-138: Produce a matrix based on Henri's work [Steve Faulkner]

ISSUE-35: Need to define processing requirements for aria states and properties when used in html 
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/35 
ACTION-138: Produce a matrix based on Henri's work [Steve Faulkner]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/138 

e. Topic ISSUE 32/ACTION-136: Send draft to the list, due in three weeks [Matthew May]

ISSUE-32: how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation?
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32
ACTION-136: Send draft to the list, due in three weeks [Matthew May]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/136

f. Topic ACTION-38: Chairs to review need for amending charter with Director [Paul Cotton]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/38 

g. Other ACTIONS for discussion

2. New issues this week
a) Topic ISSUE 78: Spec should use a term other than "URL" for Web Addresses
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/78 

3. Review of issues proposed to be closed: NONE.

4. Joint HTML and PF WG Accessibility Task Force
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/0415.html 

Draft Accessibility TF outline:

 1. Any WG member from either the HTML or PF WGs can join (opt in model)
 2. Separate email list for TF (email address TBD).
 3. Both WGs would be obligated re Patent Policy on any W3C Recommendation track document that is impacted by the TF work.
 4. The Patent Policy obligations would be mentioned in the Status section of said documents.
 5. TF would have a separate meeting slot (day and time TBD).
 6. TF would not make final decisions which would be made by HTML and/or PF WGs
 7. Someone from each WG would be designated to report back to their WG on the work of the TF.
 8. Facilitators of the TF would be selected jointly by PF and HTML WG chairs.

ACTION ITEM: Philippe is going to look into some questions we have about how the W3C Patent Policy obligations would apply to a joint TF.

5. HTML WG Testing Task Force
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Sep/0416.html

6. Scribe for next meeting
7. Adjournment

== Dial-in and IRC Details ==

Zakim teleconference bridge
+1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152
code: HTML (4865)

Supplementary IRC chat (logged)
#html-wg on irc.w3.org port 6665 or port 80
Received on Wednesday, 9 September 2009 17:15:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 19 February 2014 13:57:51 UTC